Friday, March 30, 2018

He Grew - JustNick Studios

Hello blogging friends!

This week on the JustNick Studio blog the focus has been on flowers, perfect for Spring. In Minnesota, I am still waiting for those flowers as there is still snow on the ground. It cheers me up though to be able to create with some beautiful flowers. Spring is also a time when the children in my church make their first communion. So I thought combining flowers on this layout of my Dad on the day of his first communion would work. My Dad grew up on a dairy farm, the youngest of 11 children. My grandparents are posed with him in this photo. It brings a smile to my face as I see my Grandpa dressed up ... he is wearing a tie with his bib overalls, lol.



I used the Floral Swag 3 and Blossom Blooms digital cut files and arranged them in a circle to frame my photo. Since I had greenery from the Floral Swag 3 cut flowers, I used my eraser in Silhouette Studio to erase the leaves from the Blossom Blooms cut file so I was left with just the flower. I did the same for the Floral Swag cut file so I could cut the flowers out of different pattern papers.



To add some dimension to my layout, I placed buttons in the center of my flowers and added even more flowers with some painted wood veneer pieces.



Here are the digital cut files I used today ...





If you are interested in watching my YouTube process video here it is ...


I hope I've inspired you to add some flowers to your Spring layouts too. Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a delightful Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!