Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Summer Lovin - JustNick Studios

Hello blogging friends!

It's circles week on the JustNick Studios blog and since I actually had a beach vacation this year, I am showcasing the Beach Umbrella Background. When I think of beach umbrellas I think red and white. I used red cardstock when cutting out the beach umbrella background cut file and then cut circles out of white cardstock that were sized for the umbrellas in the background. I placed the whole thing on top of this cool water pattern paper.



I wanted to use 2 photos on my layout, but I didn't want to cover up too much of that awesome background cut file. I decided to create a flip book with washi tape, so the top photo can be flipped up to reveal my second photo.





That awesome title is from the Summer Lovin digital cut file. This cut file has lots of fun Summer titles.


To emphasize the circle patterns, I stitched around each circle. I love the texture that the machine stitching adds. The pattern paper I used came from the Carta Bella Beach Boardwalk collection. It's an older collection, but I love the primary colors and its vintage vibe. Since I only had a sticker sheet from the collection for embellishing, I pulled some wood veneer pieces and flair from the Cocoa Vanilla Studios Hello Sunshine collection and added some Simple Stories brads and phrase stickers.





Here are the cut files I used today ...





I would love to have you watch my YouTube video if you are interested in seeing my process in creating this layout.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!